Saturday, January 20, 2007

Brain F****** caller tunes

Breaking the monotony of urban lifestyle, few things which come and go in our life, would really bring in some amount of joy and refreshment. An abrupt meet with your school days friend, smile of a paper boy, lingering words like Tata-See you of your neighbourhood toddler, an unexpected call or scrap from your forgotten 'girl'friend, tasty food parcel from home, an appreciating 'Yelllow Card' from your boss, would definitely bring in some amount of renewed energy and palpable willingness to take new initiative.
Though I encounter such things once in a while, this one which I heard from my editor was something new and I must give him all credit for the nomenclature. I am a huge(I can't tell how huge)fan of Amir Khan and have his track Pehla Nasha... Pehla Dua... as my caller tune. It was almost common for my friends to dial up my number and listen to it. However they would message me before doing such things and suddenly put my cell on silent mode.



I've seen boys and girls giving miss calls to their loved ones some times the money minded too indulge in such activities. But few weeks back I was surprised to see around 4 to 5 missed calls to my mobile. To a guy like me who get only one are two(Max:4)calls in a day, it was strange to receive 5 missed calls that too from my editor. In the afternoon, not knowing my presence inside the office once again I got a call from the editor. Counting on the number of missed calls, I sensed something foul has happened and I was tutoring my mind to face the aftermaths. But before going to his cabin I did a complete re-check of all the supplement pages thinking I must have done some mistake.
Much to my amusement, later I was told that my caller tune was so mesmerising that it made him nostalgic and cherished some of the old memories. He told me that songs like this along with couple of other tracks could be classified under Brain F****** caller tune categories as they dig up our memories hidden or cremated under the lesser known folds of brain. I came back to my desk and discussed with few seniors. In the evening, huddling over a cup of coffee at the canteen we enlisted few such tunes. Not necessarily the meaning, but the action and apt time in which they were composed and sung are some of the details which evoke such kind of effects.

1 comment:

ರವಿರಾಜ್ ಆರ್.ಗಲಗಲಿ said...

not ony good songs but also good hello tunes (like mine) will give a boost to the caller, if they are melodious, keep listning to hello tunes, good write up...